Monday, November 3, 2014

39 weeks

And i started to develop these fears... fears that i might not dilate EVER; fears that baby may not be okay anymore inside my tummy and overstaying would mean CS operation without even having to go through trial labor.  What if safety of my daughter is at stake and i can't even do anything about it.  So should i still wait for it or give in to the CS operation? There were days when I found myself welling up in tears because I can't stand the waiting and the not knowing aspect of pregnancy.  I felt like a failure because i did everything humanely possible to ripen my cervix.  Some techniques would work, i'd feel contractions coming in stronger and at the end of the day, the contractions would be bearable and stop on progressing. I felt frustrated everytime. i would go to a nearby lying-in clinic, have myself checked if how many Cm have i dilated already and would soon find out that no progress took place.  It was really a test of patience and faith.  You could'nt work anymore because your mind is set to focus on the birthing already and preparations needed.  I couldn't get my hands to read more about birthing stuff as it only adds more pressure ot thinking of why i have'nt given birth yet when i should be But I know that as long as baby is doing fine inside, her environment is perfect then i should'nt be worried about anything.  During the waiting period, these are the things we did to help us induce labor naturally.  Although it took a little longer for us, I'm sure these techniques contributed a big factor as well

1. Walking - i had my fair share of walking routine specially on the last few weeks of my pregnancy.  i would stroll around the mall,  I would walk on my own pace, rest a little then walk again.  It's a little costly to walk inside the mall (you'd end up shopping haha) but it's found to be good to strengthen your legs.

2.  Sex - And the husband showed a big grin with this one.  we did'nt mind if it's uncomfortable because we were more desperate than ever.  It's said that sperm contains prostaglandins that will help in ripening the cervix.  Everyday sex can be ideal but we were'nt able to do this religiously.  With my eldest, after having sex, the next day i had some bloody show so we went to the hospital immediately (but it was still a premature call for labor then)

3.  Acupuncture - I blogged about this on my previous post.  I felt an immediate effect after my session with Sister Regina, giving me more regular and intense contractions but for some reasons, it just stopped and mellowed down the next day.  Sister Regina even asked me if our bags are packed already and if we're ready to go to the hospital after the session.  We got pretty excited anticipating that after the session, it might be "it", but we still went home after. Lol!

4. Spicy food - I wanted to eat "papaitan" but could'nt find any decent restaurant that served this.

5. Primrose oil - Dr. Reyes prescribed this for every 4 hours.  Sometimes it would have an effect but just like any other natural way to induce, it still mellowed down with me.  I dont know what's up with my body and this is said to be very effective with just a capsule.  My sister in law took one and we went to the hospital right after. I, however, took this for more than a week, orally and vaginally, and it did'nt lead me to the hospital. Lol

I would still suggest all these natural ways to induce labor even if i felt it did'nt have a direct effect on me.  I'm sure these have still contributed to my labor and nothing has been put to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment