Saturday, October 18, 2014

37-38 weeks

I was on hold from blogging because i pretty much got caught up with business and birthing preparations. So here's a rundown of what happened in the last two weeks

Hypnobirthing
- tried the CD a couple of times. there are a lot actually, 8CDs but it's like there's a CD for every week or phase of birth.  The hypnosis state kinda makes me uncomfortable or maybe i was doing it wrong, i don't know.  So after trying about two sessions (my husband transferred the files to my tablet), i decided to just go with my joyful affirmations mp3 file and stay with it until my birthing.  Maybe in the coming days, i'd try this again.

More Braxton Hicks
- the contractions are more often now, still irregular but you know that it's there.  It's somehow good that i'm busy so that i won't feel the tightening and focus on other things.

37 weeks
- felt more tightening of tummy that practiced my breathing more. Did more rebozos and squats, i make sure i meet my walking routine everyday (well, with shopping or not, works with me either way). Sometimes, i'd feel myself catching my breath but most of the time, it's just the usual preggy feel.  I feel so blessed that this pregnancy is such a smooth one. Thank you Lord.

There was a time my OB thought my tummy was small for baby's age so she requested for an ultrasound.  I was more confident that she has just tucking herself really good, the reason why my tummy does'nt show that much.  true enough, after the ultrasound, she's almost 3kilos at 37 weeks. So we'll probably have another 7-pounder baby this time. haha.

38 weeks
- visited our OB and our cervix has opened! yay! we're 1-2cm dilated and baby has come down more, halfway through the canal although still a little high.  It's on track according to the timeline but it will help more if i'd walk it out more and frequent contact with the husband (so, now he gives me the happy look haha).  CBC results and urinalysis results came out all good.  Although i have to admit, my baby suddenly got bigger this time. It's such a good time to eat now and i'm so bad, i've been having sweet cravings lately.  I know, i know, i really need to stick to the plan and be more disciplined.  The contractions are still irregular but more felt.  I can still sleep soundly with bathroom breaks in between but looking for the sleeping position has never been a problem. I think i'd also have to give credit to my Sung-a-Hug pillow. It works wonders with my sleeping position, or if i just want something at my back. It's really effective

I find myself having extra energy to go to places, buy last minute stuff, and still attend to my events. :) I think my baby bun is telling me to enjoy it while it lasts. hahaha.

Meeting our doula
- Met up with Velvet again, signed some documents with her, and just chatted with her for any birthing questions we might have.  But i somehow stopped asking too many questions and thought to myself, it's impossible for me to remember all these things so might as well go with the flow, trust God and the support system i have now (my wonderful OB, my husband, Velvet, family and friends)

I like to cherish the last few weeks i'd have my baby bun inside my tummy. I'm excited to meet her but at the same time, i'll miss this time that i can always feel her, be with her and literally connect with her :)

Pray with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment