Friday, August 22, 2014

The dreaded OGTT

The OGTT test - first week of august
This is the dreaded OGTT test. I had an OGCT when I was five months pregnant. I passed the test but now, my OB advised me to take OGTT. I had two failed attempts for the OGTT. I overfasted and it was an awful experience having to fast and not be able to continue the test because I hungered myself far too long. Uggh! So I followed my friend’s advice (thanks Carl Biolena) to take the OGTT in the afternoon so my last meal would be in the morning then take it around 3 or 4pm. I went straight to Medical City Ortigas, filled out the form and went to the priority lane.  I vividly remember having a hard time drinking the orange juice so I conditioned myself now to drink it straight and not vomit at all.  It was a breeze having to drink the juice.  Then the guy extracted blood from me then asked me to come back exactly after an hour.  The first hour of waiting was okay.  I was able to check emails, surf the net and text clients while waiting.  No food, no drink and I cannot move around that much in that hour of waiting.  When I went back, the med tech extracted another batch from me.  This was the hardest part.  I forgot how the second hour felt like.  It felt like forever. I was literally seeing black dots all over the place. I can’t think anymore, can’t text much and I don’t want to check emails. So I just sat down and closed my eyes.  When it was finally over, I hurriedly went to the extraction room so I could be done with this.

I got the results a few days after and I passed! Wee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment