Friday, August 22, 2014

When it all started

Let me give a short history of how my preparations for this pregnancy went on from the time we knew we were pregnant and how our options were for VBAC.

So I went to see my OB with my first daughter.  She said she is open to option of VBAC.  We just have to monitor the thickness of the scar.  She did’nt give me more information or what preparations I need to make but knowing that some OBs do not encourage VBAC, I was comforted to know that she is okay with it.
The first preparation I made was to get a birth doula.  I’m a member of N@w, newlywedsatwork (an online community where moms and wives share different experiences and knowledge about marriage, family, parenting and everything under the sun.  Being a member of this group paved me a way to know more people who have social advocacies.  One of these is Velvet Roxas.  She teaches indigenous people on proper feeding, from birth to childhood, she helps moms and families as well and she supports a lot of things.  Oh and she is a certified doula too. So automatically, since we know each other way back, I know I had to get her, by hook or by crook.
She readily agreed when I opened to her my desire of delivering VBAC. We met up and she lent me books that I can start reading.  In childbirth, to be able to be successful in your desired birth method, three things to prepare for – spiritually, emotionally and mentally.  By mentally, I need to do research. As in research. Knowledge is power. When you know things, you are more prepared of what you’re up against.  You have more control of your body because you know how it works. 
So reading books is the first step.  I have Hypnobirthing The Mongan Method book 3rd edition, The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers, and The Birth Partner. I’ll tell more stories or information about these books as we go along.


No comments:

Post a Comment