Sunday, August 24, 2014

VBAC Companion book

So my ever reliable doula, Velvet, gave me books to read.  VBAC companion and Silent Knife. I'm scheduled to finish four books all in all (five, if you'll include the one of Dr. Jack Newman's) by the end of September. I hope I can finish all of them. Anyway, the book is so nice. it's an easy read one, very easy to understand and the testimonies of those who gave VBAC birth are so encouraging.  One thing that struck me was when a birth doula, in one of her classes, mentioned to make circles of 10cm diameter and place them in places where you can always see them, your workplace, your bedroom, bathroom and remind yourself of your birth goal..to dilate 10cm :)

I also liked all the summary points and plan to retype them and compile so i can easily review them when i'm near my due date already.

I'll start with Birth partner this week and hopefully I get to finish it so i can start with Silent Knife. whew! bookworm in an instant :)


No comments:

Post a Comment